Cannon Family Health is a Patient Centered Medical Home
What does this mean for you, the patient?
PCMH is a Medical Home Model that transforms how Primary Care is delivered to the patient and family. This model comes out of research done by the American Academies of Family Practice and Pediatrics, The American College of Physicians, and the Agency for HealthCare Research and Quality. The PCMH Goal is to provide comprehensive primary health care to provide maximized health outcomes. OR The PCMH Goal is to improve patient care experience, To improve quality of care, and To improve cost of care.
We will give you Comprehensive Care
- Meet your physical and mental health needs.
- Give you care that emphasizes prevention and wellness.
- Be available to you for urgent, routine and chronic care needs.
- Have a care team just for you that helps you maintain the fitness you have and improve your health for a happy contented life.
We will make your experience Patient Centered
- Care for your Whole Person.
- Respect and understand your culture, values, unique needs, and preferences.
- Partner with you to learn about and manage your health concerns.
- Join forces with you to help you take control of your health.
- Be your Care Team and give you the facts so that you can make the best decision for you and your health.
We give you Coordinated Care
- Coordinate care and Communicate for you with all of your other providers.
- Keep track of your Referrals to other doctors, physical therapy, specialty care, home health care, community services and support and hospitals.
- Help you to have clear communications with all of your providers.
Advanced Care Team
An Advanced Care Team is the health care providers that make up your medical home. Our advanced care team uses a multidisciplinary approach to managing the health of our patients. Your care team at Cannon Family Health consists of Medical Assistants, Nurses, Physicians, a Physician Assistant, a care coordinator, and care managers. Each one plays a vital part in caring for your health and creating a care plan that meets your needs.
- Physicians – Advanced Care Team Leader
- Physician Assistant – Provides case management when needed, performs follow up appointments for long term health management, in service education (i.e Diabetic, Hypertension, Nutrition, etc.).
- Certified Medial Assistants/ Medical Assistants – Provide Triage services, performs medication education via phone with patients, and educates patients on needed preventative exams.
- LPN –Clinical Care Coordinator - Performs Transition of Care and Hospital Follow Up calls.
- Care managers – Cannon Family Health is part of the Mission Health Partners ACO (Accountable Care Organization). With the ACO Cannon Family Health has access to Clinical Care Coordinators. For our patients with multiple chronic conditions you will have a personalize care coordinator to help you navigate your Plan of Care. For Cannon Family Health our Care Coordinator is Priscilla Belanger, RN.
Patient Satisfaction Surveys
Surveys Focus on….
- Access to our office
- Services provided
- Staff interactions
- Health Outcomes
- Facility Cleanliness
- Office Communications
- Afterhours services